- Download the application form by clicking on the link and saving it to your computer
- Complete the application in full
- Return it via email to YTCA@minsthorpe.cc as a PDF document
- We aim to respond to within 48 working hours
Normally, you will need to fulfil the entry requirements before commencing your assessment with us.
However, in some circumstances, you may be able to submit your application prior to meeting them (i.e., if you are finishing your degree or completing a second school placement) so please give us a call on 01977 657604 to talk about your situation.
You will need at least two years teaching experience* in at least two different educational settings across at least two consecutive age ranges within the primary or secondary phase.
From this experience, you will be able to demonstrate that you have met and are continuing to meet the Teachers’ Standards.
For your second educational setting, you need to have taught* for at least 30 days.
* Teaching experience means that you:
- Have your own timetable with responsibility for classes and pupil progress
- Plan your own lessons for the needs of your learners
- Teach full lessons to classes of pupils (size of class relevant to your setting)
- Assess and track the progress of your pupils
You cannot just deliver cover lessons or work as an assistant in the classroom for example.
You will also need to demonstrate that you have a proficient level of Literacy and Numeracy and excellent subject knowledge.
- GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 or above (or Level 2 qualification equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics, plus Science if you are applying for Primary.
- A first degree at classification 2:2 or above (or equivalent) from a UK university:
- A first degree comprises 300 higher education credit points of which 60 must be at level 6
- All subjects are acceptable even if it is not your QTS subject
- Third class/pass degrees will be considered on an individual basis
- If you are in the process of completing the final year of your first degree you should have a 2:2 or above as a predicted grade.
- A-Levels (or Level 3 qualification equivalent) - if your degree is not directly related to the subject you are teaching (secondary only) we will look at your A-level qualifications. However, this is not a deciding factor if we can assure you have the appropriate level of subject knowledge to meet the Teachers’ Standards.
Prior to your pre-assessment visit:
- documentation for proof of your identity (and change of name and/or settled status if applicable), national insurance number and qualifications (overseas candidates will need to provide UK ENIC statements of comparability) https://www.enic.org.uk/
- two satisfactory references – one from each of your two most-recent educational settings
And, if offered a place on our programme:
- a current Enhanced DBS clearance approved by your educational setting
- cleared as ‘Fit to Practice’ by the head teacher of the educational setting where the assessment will take place
- signed candidate and partnership agreements