- Visit Find Postgraduate Teacher Training
- Search “By school, university or other training provider” – our provider code is T29
- Choose your phase and subject
- Choose the appropriate course, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Apply for this course”
You may be able to submit your application prior to meeting the entry criteria. For example, if you are finishing your degree or need to complete a GCSE equivalency qualification.
- GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 or above (or Level 2 qualification equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics, plus Science if you are applying for Primary.
We will consider candidates with pending GCSEs or those who need to take a GCSE equivalency test.
- A first degree at classification 2:2 or above from a UK university (or equivalent):
- A first degree comprises 300 higher education credit points of which 60 must be at level 6
- All subjects are acceptable although your subject specialism is preferred
- Third class/pass degrees will be considered on an individual basis
- If you are in the process of completing the final year of your first degree you should have a 2:2 or above as a predicted grade
- A-Levels (or Level 3 qualification equivalent) - we will consider A-levels (or equivalent) related to the subject you want to teach if your degree is not in this subject.
Please note that if your application is successful, you will need to provide original GCSE, A-level and degree certificates at interview. If you are unable to find these please contact the relevant awarding body – you can find their details here.
Whilst not compulsory, we recommend that you have some recent experience of working in a school so that you fully understand the expectations and demands of the role of a teacher. It would be beneficial for you to observe some teaching and learning in your chosen subject.
We would welcome school visits from potential applicants. Please visit this page and enter our postcode: “WF9 2UJ” to arrange your School Experience with us.
You will also need to demonstrate that you have good literacy and numeracy skills and strong subject knowledge (assessed at interview).
- photographic proof of your identity
- a completed Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (RO2) disclosure form which will be considered by the interviewers at the end of the interview
And if you are successful at interview:
- further documentation for proof of your identity (and change of name and/or settled status if applicable), national insurance number and qualifications (overseas candidates will need to provide UK ENIC statements of comparability) UK ENIC
- ‘Fit to teach’ checks
- an enhanced DBS clearance by us (subscribed to the Update Service)
- literacy and numeracy proficiency checks
There may also be additional conditions of your offer prior to entry to our programme such as undertaking a Subject Knowledge Enhancement Course.