- Download the application form by clicking on the link and saving it to your computer
- Complete the application in full
- Return it via email to YTCA@minsthorpe.cc as a PDF document
- We aim to respond to within 48 working hours
This route to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) is for people who have been teaching for at least two years as an unqualified teacher. Candidates who apply for this route must be able to demonstrate that they are meeting the Teachers’ Standards in their current teaching practice and from evidence they have from their experience prior to application. This route does not include any element of training and includes your assessment for the recommendation of the QTS award only.
Age ranges for QTS
You can gain Qualified Teacher Status with our Assessment Only Route in the following:
- Ages 3 - 7: Early Years → Y2 (EYFS & KS1)
- Ages 3 - 11: Early Years → Y6 (EYFS, KS1 & KS2)
- Ages 5 - 11: Y1 → Y6 (KS1 & KS2)
- Ages 11 - 16: Y7 → Y11 (KS3 & KS4)
- Ages 11 - 18: Y7 → Y13 (KS3, KS4 & KS5)
- Ages 14 - 18: Y10 → Y13 (KS4 & KS5)
Unfortunately, there is no funding from Student Finance or the DfE available for this route, so candidates are fully self-funded or funded by their educational setting.
Our fee for this route is £2300.
- £150 of this is payable prior to the Pre-Assessment Visit
- The remaining £2150 is payable prior to the start of the Assessment Period
We usually see candidates demonstrate the following in successful applications and interviews:
- Evidence of meeting the Teachers’ Standards
- A genuine desire to support young people and help them develop and succeed
- Evidence of a commitment to and an understanding of a career in teaching
- A proactive and reflective approach to their own development
- The ability to relate to and engage with young people
- A passion for their subject
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills including the ability to explain concepts clearly
- Initiative, innovation and resilience.